Friday 1 June 2012

On August 29, 2005 was the worst and best day of my life. The worst because I lost everything I owned. The best because I met the love of my life. I met him through Hurricane Katrina at a hotel in Galveston, Texas that goes by the name of “Gaido’s Seaside Inn”. This is the story of fate and how love will find you no matter what. Even if you’re not looking for it. I saw him by the pool and said to myself his going to be my boyfriend. I stayed at the hotel for about a week and when it came to us about to leave I thought I’ll never see him again. Come to find out in Galveston the have only one high school. So I was happy to know I was still going to see him even though I wasn’t staying at the hotel anymore. Me, my grandmother, my grandfather, and my cousin moved in with this nice family that fed us and gave us clothes. After about couple days my aunt decided it was best we move to Carthage. My cousin with her mother stayed behind and I left to help my grandmother to help with my disable grandfather. I wrote a letter to Tyiron and told my cousin to give it to him when she started school. Time went by and I missed him so much. One day my cousin texted me and said Tyrion was acting like he didn’t know me ( she was just playing) so I told her to tell him I don’t know him either and it was over. I didn’t want to though. Time passed by and finally in October we moved back to Galveston. Even though we weren’t together I asked my cousin where he stays now. She said “Island Bay” I thought it was another hotel. So I get to my mother’s apartment complexion and its name was “Island Bay” also. I was like wow they have an apartment complexion and a hotel named “Island Bay”. I got out the car to help my mother unpacked the Uhaul truck and I saw him helping my mother unpacked. It was crazy!!! I was like is he following me or is this meant to be. I started school and asked my cousin was he single. She said “No”!! She said he see him around with some girl. So I asked he never told me. I decided to write him a letter and gave him my number asking was he taken. Still no respond. So I asked again he told me yeah. I was so hurt. Time went by and in November he moved to Clear Lake. I thought he was happy with his new girlfriend and I’ll never see him again. New Year’s Eve came around and I was about to move on. Then I get a call. My cousin answered the phone and I asked who it was. She said “Tyrion”. I got the phone from her and we started talking. He said he found my letter in his pocket and called. He said him and his girlfriend broke up and he was calling to see how I was doing. Around 12 o’clock he said he wanted to start the New Year off right and asked would I be his girl again. My heart screamed “Yes!!!!!!” and I told him “Yes”. We have been together even since then and each day gets better and is full of love.
From: Laura Bennett

No comments: